– Hometown: Fairport, New York
– Major(s)/minor(s): Neuroscience and Music Theory
– Class Year: Junior
– Most influential faculty or staff member: Jessica Narum
Dr. Narum’s teaching style really helped me through Tonal Harmony 1 and helped me to realize my love for music theory.
– Most Influential BW Course: Tonal Harmony & Solfege 1
– Career aspirations: I want to study music cognition, which is how the brain perceives music and how that information is processed, and perhaps go in the direction of helping Alzheimer’s patients with memories, or possibly improving the quality of cochlear implants for people that are hard of hearing.